Consultant (m/f/d) in our private sector development department, Hamburg
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the frame-work of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting ser-vices as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. In our private sector development department, we focus on consultancy services related to trade and regional integration, SME development, value chain development, regional economic development, quality infrastructure and green economy. For more information on our company please visit www.gfa-group.de or https://www.linkedin.com/company/gfa-consulting-group-gmbh/
Duty Station: Hamburg
Job Code: PSD-DEU19GFA0054/2
Duration: 2-year contract with the option to be extended
Deadline for application: 15th May, 2019
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join the Africa team in our private sector development department.
The consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in francophone and anglophone countries across sub-Sahara Africa.
Duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing and emerging market coun-tries. Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasi-bility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, Development Studies or similar);
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation related to private sector development;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French;
- Knowledge of German is an advantage;
- Familiarity with the European development sector (EuropeAid) and the German development sector (GIZ) and an understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Regional experience in sub-Sahara Africa is an advantage;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms Dagmar Röhr
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (+49) 40 603 06 - 224