Business Development Manager (m/f/d) French / English, France
Rochus Mummert Executive Consultants GmbH
The long-established German group of companies produces plastic packaging for the food and non-food industry. It continuously invests in its state-of-the-art machinery and expands its production capacities. With its know-how in injection moulding technology, specialised product portfolio and distinct flexibility, it has achieved a leading position in its niche market.
The company's own toolmaking department allows it to design products quickly and according to customer specifications. Production and logistics are highly automated and digitalised. The group is not only a manufacturer, but also a system supplier and solution provider that can scale production volumes at short notice and, for example, efficiently meet just-in-time delivery conditions by means of digital interfaces. A steadily increasing share of processed recyclate, reduced product weights and a certified energy management demonstrate the focus on sustainability.
The group's financial independence proves to be a competitive advantage in times of rising interest rates; profits are reinvested. Despite dynamic growth, the organisation remains agile. The high level of employee loyalty is strengthened by a variety of measures taken by the company. After internal systems and processes have been thoroughly optimised, the company is now concentrating on the market and sales.
Despite great potential, it achieves only one third of its turnover in other European countries, primarily by supplying production sites of its increasingly international customers. France is very attractive for further expansion, partly because of its strong food sector and logistical proximity.
The group would like to establish a subsidiary there and is approaching the market entry with perse-verance and patience. It is prepared to invest in customised tools. Quality, hygiene, attractive conditions, highest OTIF relia-bility and individual customer service are further advantages to win French customers and dealers.
The Business Development Manager France is now to be recruited as the driving force behind this initiative.
Leading manufacturer of plastic packaging - 120 million euros turnover
Business Development Manager France (m/f/d)
Acquisition of new customers - sales growth - establishment of a national subsidiary
- You report to the management. Initially without own staff, you will analyse the French market, define target sectors and custo-mers and set priorities.
- When visiting customers, preparing offers and negotiating contracts, you will receive support from the head office, even on-site, if necessary.
- Next to the acquisition of new customers, you will develop existing French clients, participate in trade fairs and take over the Europe-wide key account management for customers with headquarters in France.
- Step by step, you will establish the French subsidiary, rent premises, recruit employees and identify takeover targets.
- You will overlook the entire value chain, maintain contact with the interface departments at headquarters and make them aware of the needs of your country.
- We are looking for an entrepreneurially driven manager (m/f/d) with a strong sense of self-motivation.
- After studying economics, you have gained several years of experience in B2B sales in France with plastic injection moulding manufacturers or distributors of plastic packaging and have built up a customer network.
- You are experienced in project management, in negotiating terms and conditions as well as in sales management according to KPI and CRM systems.
- Confident in dealing with international corporate clients as well as with medium-sized businesses and with company head-quarters, you are an outgoing communicator who recognises and seizes opportunities.
- You are deeply familiar with the French language and culture.
- You gain acceptance through expertise and commitment.
- You are a team player, able to share success and do not perceive well-intentioned support from headquarters as interference.
- With your approachability, hands-on mentality and drive, you are both a role model and support for your staff.
If you are attracted by the rare opportunity to lead the market entry of a successful German mid-sized company from the very beginning with a high degree of flexibility and to grow into the position of a General Manager, we look forward to hearing from you in writing (BLI23225).