VIE Cost Estimation Engineer (m.fd), Hannover
Faurecia Automotive Holdings
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
"Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
The main missions
- Ensure program costing procedures implementation and Golden Rules compliance
- Estimate cost on a defined product basis (BOM or master principles), using the PG cost calculation system and database
- Secure utilization of official rates (for materials, plants, machines…) & standards (cycle process, SCRAP, …)
- Provide cost information status and follow up (monitoring, explanation)
- Analyze & challenge cost information provided
- Gather and consolidate (part price/ investments/ toolings) cost data according to defined product and likely industrial path
- Ensure cost evolution detailed follow up & trackability for piece costs
- Support the program controller into the Business Plan updates explanations or Risks & Opportunities estimates
- Support cost requests to internal / external (purchasing) suppliers
The mission will last 12 months.
- Master's degree in engineering or a diploma with a specialization in production. Alternatively: Master’s degree in economics with technical background or specialization
- Technical knowledge in one or several products and manufacturing processes
- Ability to provide qualitative and reliable information, and to work on a project management basis
- Ability to manage uncertainty and take hypothesis
- Good communication skills and autonomy
- Fluent in English, German would be a plus