Route Developer (m/f) Americas, Paris
Kuehne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world's leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1,300 offices in over 100 countries, with over 70,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company's truly world class capabilities:
- To manage the North America Route Development Team, if any, in conjunction with the overall strategy and approach.
- To join client visits with sales and support sales functions via provision of market expertise and knowledge.
- To Gather and distribute relevant Market Intelligence to key stakeholders within Seafreight Operations and Sales organisations.
- To negotiate carrier buying positions on the nominated trade lane, in accordance with core carrier, trade management/management (Global & Local) guidelines. You ensure a clear policy and terms of the buying agreements, and align carrier buying positions with intermodal and overall seafreight strategy.
As a Seafreight professional with previous experience and proven success record in a commercial environment, you have good working knowledge of Americas requirements (preferably studied or worked in USA), and :
- An excellent communication skills at all levels (verbal, written and presentation);
- Strengths in building relationships across customer, industry sectors and operational functions;
- Highly efficient and creative at solving problems.
- The position implies national and international travels to support local operational teams with regular review/targeting, and sales force on major key client opportunities.