Project Manager (m/f/d) francophone, Bad Homburg or Paris
A leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implements projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. To ensure that the programmes we implement have a lasting impact in terms of economic growth, sustainability and poverty reduction, we target structural reforms and capacity building in six core sectors. These six sectors represent our commitment towards improving the social and economic situation of people through Education and Employment Promotion, Governance and Economic Development, Rural Development and Environment, Health and Social Development, and also by measuring the long-term impact of interventions through Statistics and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Our department Education and Employment Promotion is providing services worldwide to support equal access to education, competence strengthening, labour market development and an overall improvement of the living conditions in the countries where we work. We cover all fields of education (from pre-school to Higher Education, as well as vocational education and adult learning measures) and the employment policies.
To strengthen our team of the department 'Education and Employment Promotion' we are looking for a
Project Manager (m/f/d) francophone to start as soon as possible
based at our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main)/or in Paris/ or working remotely from home.
As Project Manager you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects, especially in the francophone area, and for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of on-going projects in the fields of education and employment promotion. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- Develop project acquisition strategies, with a special focus on the francophone area, but not exclusively
- Manage and coordinate the acquisition process, e.g. including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations
- Coordinate and monitor the project activities on site, ensure compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervise and manage project staff and resources, prepare/ and finalize project reports
What we offer
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise and to contribute to a better future for thousands of people
- An international working environment
- Colleagues who share a strong team spirit and are looking forward to welcoming you on-board
- Flexibility in the organization of the work and autonomy in the day-to-day tasks
- The possibility to actively contribute to the future success of the department and extend its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision-making processes, and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Continous investment in your development
- Relevant academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of social sciences, political sciences, development studies, economics, or equivalent professional experience
- Business fluent French (preferably French as mother tongue) and English language skills
- German language skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- Required: proven experience in the conception/drafting/acquisition, and especially in the preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projects
- Required : experience in the education sector and/or the vocational and training sector and/or the employment sector
- Asset: experience of, at least, one donor procedures and requirements (EU, GIZ, KfW, AFD, UNICEF, MCC, SDC, etc) considered as a strong asset
- Asset: proven experiences in education/VET policy development or in curriculum/training standards development
- Asset: work experience abroad in target countries (esp. in the francophone area) for development cooperation is considered as a strong asset