ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE - Portfolio Manager EMEA (m/f/d), Lyon
Bayer Direct Services GmbH
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
The position responsibility is to ensure that Portfolio contributes maximally to ES business. From a marketing perspective the responsible person manages the long-term marketing strategies and operational marketing activities of the associated portfolio.
The incumbent holds responsibility for the development and delivery of an integrated marketing strategy including all product management related aspects in order to achieve the financial results for the associated range.
Key tasks & responsibilities :
Hold a forward-looking view on market trends on core & adjacent markets (megatrends – market dynamics – competition – customer & channel partners) to build growth-enabling strategic plans.
In close collaboration with global team and country teams, build growth-enabling strategic plan encompassing the different component of a strategic analysis :
- Market analysis
- Portfolio including M&A or licensing options identifications
- Go to market and distribution channel strategies
- Promotion and communication tactics
- Pricing recommendation
- New business models scale-up evaluation
Define with country teams the activation tactics that will enable our strategic plan to materialize in success. Support countries to deliver on the campaign metrics and key initiative (see below)
Steer growth-enabling activation plan & its execution :
- Is responsible of preparing new launches (supply readiness – product positioning – activation campaign – support to country to prepare their local launch -
- Steer execution of the defined strategy activation metrics. Steer associated OPEX spending's
- Keep a close eye on sales forecasts & sales execution and support sales team to execute it, especially proactively building mitigation measures when necessary (price – stock allocation)
- Define and make sure content manager deliver, the marketing materials needed to accomplish the goals
- Launch, when necessary, the need market research (focus groups, desk research, quant work, agency liaison)
Manage & monitor set OPEX Budget
Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications ; maintaining personal networks ; participating in professional organizations and attending key conferences and events.
Ensure that all activities are in accordance with Bayer compliance standards.
- Degree in strategic marketing with demonstrated ability to execute and deliver on a strategy
- Demonstrated experience on marketing and commercial excellence (especially Go to market restructuring – pricing management – portfolio maximization with differentiated tactics according to customer profile and objectives).
- Industry knowledge across Pest management industry is preferred yet not mandatory.
- Fluency in English.
- Proven ability to work multiculturally embracing differences among market and people as a strength to drive growth.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, can-do attitude. Team-player who sees success as a goal to reach together.
Offer archived at 21/11/2022