CompanyBayer Direct Services GmbH
Corporate Finance Support (m/f), Lyon
Bayer Direct Services GmbH
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Ensure financial statements' reliability (USGAAP or local accounting requirements) and timely reporting.
- Ensure the consistent, USGAAP conform, support the preparation of the quarterly group financial statements and the "Notes to the Financial Statements" and the "Annual Report" by the team members, as well as the Monthly Reporting and the monthly figures and reports to management
- Analyze major accounting topics and provide guidance to ensure USGAAP conform/consistent treatment of all Legal Entities of the Accounting Service Provider (Accenture) and ensure an effective accounting knowledge transfer (direction of accounting and reporting principles, policies, and directives) and facilitates best practices into local organizations and vice versa
- Assist the group-wide reporting processes for the financial statements, including Finance Service Provider and the consolidated subsidiaries of the Discovery group in the geographic area
- Act as the first point of contact of Accounting Service Provider and Legal Entities, take up and clarify all operational accounting content topics in a timely manner
- Check escalations or de-escalations on accounting operations between Legal Entities, Accounting Service Provider and other organizational units
- Support accounting processes. The design should enable efficient accounting operation, reduce complexity and fulfill legal and group accounting requirements
- Support all external accounting/reporting relevant changes of rules/regulations. Coordinate the implementation of new accounting requirements for the group financial statements.
- Initiate and drive the changes, significant projects and promote innovation
- Operate the development and setting of directives and monitor accounting operations execution
- Maintain close contact to all regions/Legal Entities on relevant financial specific topics, EBIT-effects and/or risks and opportunities
- University degree in Finance & Accounting, MBA or equivalent degree.
- Professional experience in Accounting, Finance, Controlling, Auditing or similar fields.
- Detailed knowledge of USGAAP reporting requirements, Tax and Administrative Guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of the global accounting processes, content, IT, transaction and the interface areas with other business processes.
- Strong customer focus (strong communication-, conflict management-, moderation-, skills).
- Strong collaboration skills to build and maintain sustainable business relations within accounting and with interface functions.
- Especially from a functional perspective – courage.
- Experience to manage complexity.
- Expert level in English.
Offer archived at 08/04/2022