Breeding Research Manager (m/f), Brandenburg
Established in 2004, our HR consulting firm specializes in the recruitment of Franco-German and european profiles. Based in France and Germany, but also in Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy, Spain and in the UK, our consultants assist jobseekers with coaching, salary evaluation or the preparation of their application (resume and cover letter).
For our client a French company working in the biotechnological sector on a broad international level, we are looking for their German breeding and testing station for a:
BREEDING RESEARCH MANAGER (m/f), Brandenburg/Germany
TEAM MANAGEMENT and REPORTING
- The manager has to take operational responsibility of the breeding and testing station. He is working in autonomy under the supervision of the French research department and interacts with the German subsidiary for administrative purposes. He is in charge to make save the functional of the research farm.
- You have to complete the standard report, driving tool and plan the investment and budget.
- You have to propose new opportunities in the country and assure the development of new territories like Poland.
- You manage a staff of 3 experienced workers involved in Research activities.
- You exchange weekly with your operational and hierarchical manager.
You take care to secure and develop the network of testing in Corn, silage, rapeseed (up to 20000 microplots) in Germany and Poland.
You manage the reception of the seeds from France, the preparation of field trials, the sowing, some phenotypic notations under standard, the harvest and the validation of results.
- You find and validate new test fields in Germany and Poland to implement the existing network.
- You support the implementation of the sowing and harvesting with technical support and assistance of the team.
- You manage the relation with farmers.
- You will integrate the breeding team to mainly complete research program on silage and early corn.
- You manage early corn nursery with seasonal and assistant technician.
- You integrate new biotechnology method in your program.
- You are the main contact for official trialling .
- You participate at the global result meeting.
Knowledge and skills
- Master or PhD in Agronomy, Agriculture, Plant Breeding or equivalent.
- First experience of 2 - 5 years in field crop testing will be a bonus.
- Strong basis of breeding and agronomic activities.
- Knowledge of data analysis and statistical protocol.
- Good practice of English, French will be appreciated.
- Experience in team management is mandatory.
Interested? Please address your CV and Cover Letter in English to Anna Schwamborn email@example.com