Tooling & Equipment Program Buyer (m/f), Augsburg
Faurecia Automotive Holdings
"Technical Perfection and automotive passion" is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
"Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth."
The main missions
- Ensure early involvement of the Manufacturing Engineering team to define robust specifications of the tooling and equipment before the request for quotation phase in coordination with process expert, tooling coordinator, program manufacturing leader and plant production team leader.
- Ensure supplier selection from the agreed supplier panel: identify and consult suppliers, manages supplier RFQ based on panel given by the Commodity Leader. Negotiate or participate with the Commodity Leader in supplier negotiations and in the final choice of supplier (leads sourcing committee, process to select suppliers)
- Track performance during the program phase: manage suppliers, compare costs with objectives, respect the tooling and equipment budget and the delivery deadlines in case of derivation and in particular ensure that the program phase reviews are supported within the framework of the Faurecia Program Management System (PMS)
- Negotiate Engineering Change Requests
- Optimize savings performance for tooling and equipment compared to the budget allocated by the program as well as gross margin performance for customer tooling.
- Lead the local program buyer through global steering and sourcing committee meetings for the program and ensure that the purchasing strategy is applied on a global basis, considering local and global sourcing options and selecting the option with the best landed cost and performance
- Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or Business
- Professional Purchasing Qualification is a Plus
- Minimum 3 years experience in an industrial environment
- Experience working in an international environment, a previous international assignment is a plus
- Knowledge of production launch processes
- Knowledge of supplier cost structures
- Understanding of purchasing commodity strategy
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Good planning, organization and project management skills
- International mindset
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Fluent English and German, any other language is a plus
- Knowledge of APQP and program management in automotive
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Results orientation