Test & Validation Engineer (m/f/d), Bietigheim-Bissingen
The mission of the thermal systems business group is to develop and manufacture systems, modules and components to ensure thermal energy management of the power train and comfort for each passenger, during all phases of vehicle use. These systems help to significantly reduce fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and other pollutants and harmful particles from vehicles equipped with internal combustion engines. They also increase travel range and battery life for hybrid and electric vehicles. At the Front Office in Bietigheim-Bissingen we are supporting Sale- and Project activities and compose the interface between the customers Daimler and Valeo-internal departments at the development from Thermal Systems.
Electromagnetic (EMC) and electrical testing (ET) validation activities from RFQ phase to final customer acceptance of a defined project. This includes activities for at least one project according to Valeo rules and international standards.
- Analyze customer specifications (newness) and impact for the product and the laboratory.
- Collect relevant design parameters, participate in the product risk analysis and define the adapted validation plan to build the final offer.
- Define the need of specific tools and/or bench (characterization, reliability,...).
- Define the testing cost and footprint to include in the CAA.
- Contribute to design review e.g. prepare the inputs and participate.
Capitalization & standardization in projects up to SOP:
- Write the detailed validation test plan including customer validation and Valeo risk analysis.
- Consolidate product validation test plan and test methods with the customer.
- Creates and maintain related technical standards to capitalize the know-how (identify and create the test standards needed in order to demonstrate the robustness of the product).
- Capitalizes the Lessons Learned (LLCs) in standards to ensure a fast implementation in new projects.
- Generate validation rules including reliability analysis and methods (and support standard definitions related with hot topics ).
Technical training :
- Ensures that each of the relevant specifications are “easy to use” worldwide (easy to check, to understand, to access and to learn).
- Develops and maintain the training modules for national and international, internal and external trainees.
- Demonstrates high EMC and ET experience while guiding testing lab, interpreting and validating related results
- Prepares the input and participate (e.g. mechanics, schematic and layout reviews regarding EMC, validation status and validation project tracking).
- Defines with the engineering teams relevant action plans and tracks the progress.
- Assesses de-standardization requests issued by project teams.
Continuous improvement & innovation:
- Ensures continuous improvement of standards through development of technologies & product functions, innovation and technology watch.
- Secure product and peripheral designs with simple and quick tests to check the failure mechanisms (related with hot topics below).
- Support interdisciplinary team colleges on the complex project with validation expertise.
Support to engineering teams:
- Supports the engineering teams to solve difficult technical issues when needed.
- Supports by participating in customer or supplier meetings.
- Develops team spirit with engineering teams and promotes the methodology and usage of standards.
- Capacity to interface a customer (e.g. communication skills and a Valeo mindset)
- Bachelor/Master in Electronics / Mechatronics or similar degree.
- 5-10 years of experience in the related engineering discipline in automotive engineering or relevant industries.
- Experience in technical management and external suppliers is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge in product validation and international emc specifications
- Experienced in working with products developed on site
- Knowledge of communication protocols and analysis tools like CANoe
- Familiarity with ASPICE, ISO26262 and Cyber Security training are an advantage
- Knowledge in automotive hardware development and application is a plus
- Excellent EMC and/or ET simulation knowledge (at least on circuit level)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills to understand new challenges and new technologies
- Confident, articulate, self-motivated, determined, energetic. Must be able to engage with customers and build strong relationships.
- Monetary. Performance-related salary package and company pension scheme (allowance).
- Career development. Scope to develop your own ideas as well as professional and personal development opportunities worldwide.
- Benefits. Allowances for sports, health, pension scheme, canteen, JobRad, regular employee events and much more.
- Flexibility. Working models that harmonize your professional and private life.
- Setting. Flat hierarchies and modern working methods provide you with an innovative working environment.
- Future. Together we work on the trend topics of tomorrow's mobility.
Die Stellenanzeige wurde am 02/02/2024 archiviert.
Diese Stellen könnten Sie auch interessieren:
Business Management Controller (m/f/d), Bietigheim-Bissingen
Account Manager (m/w/d) VW Group, Bietigheim-Bissingen
VIE Sales Administrator (m/f/d), Bietigheim-Bissingen
Key Account Manager (m/w/d), Bietigheim-Bissingen