Administrative and Legal Assistant French Speaker - Global Medical Devices Company (m/f/d), Berlin
Penumbra Europe GmbH
# Innovation # Teamwork # Initiative are our common values. If you are looking for a meaningful challenge in a well-established international company – then join us and help us to save lives with your know-how and expertise. Be prepared for a career that doesn’t feel like work!
Penumbra Europe GmbH is based in Berlin, headquartered in Alameda, California. We are a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets novel products and has a broad portfolio that addresses challenging medical conditions in markets with significant unmet needs. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals and healthcare providers primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in selected international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
We are a dynamic and constantly growing company. As a result, we are looking for a high motivated Administrative and Legal Assistant for the French Speaking EU Countries. You will report directly to the EU Tender Manager. As part of Penumbra's EU Legal team, you will support an innovative and global company that develops ground-breaking technology to further its mission of saving patients lives. Your main responsibilities:
- Preparation, review and filing/maintaining of basic legal documents - primarily contracts and other documents related to pricing, acquisition and evaluation of Penumbra’s products by hospitals and discount and transaction documentation
- Respond to the needs of purchasing, sales, general and administrative, finance and other departments as well as third parties
- Knowledgeable regarding and assists with management and implementation of legal compliance systems and Quality System, particularly related to interactions with health care professionals and the provision of medical devices to hospitals
We offer you a strong and professional onboarding. If you want to grow into an innovative and international company, this is an opportunity for you!
What You'll Work On
- Prepare and assist with drafting, execution and organization of various legal documents, as described above
- Review drafts of legal documents submitted by third parties, as described above. Facilitate review by attorneys and others as needed
- Maintain and work with others to maintain comprehensive filing system and databases for legal documents including but not limited to documents related to pricing, acquisition and evaluation of Penumbra’s products by hospitals and discount, pricing and transaction documentation
- Maintain and work with others to maintain accurate pricing and discount information for hospital purchasers
- Compile, verify accuracy of and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry
- Maintain legal files, including keeping track of files, performing periodic inspections to ensure general upkeep and responding to requests for files
- Understand and comply with legal compliance systems and requirements and assist with implementation and application of such requirements, particularly related to interactions with health care professionals and the provision of medical devices to hospitals
- Keep information confidential
- Comply with quality system regulations, standards and procedures
Recommend process/system improvements to ensure that contracts and related information, including pricing, are properly handled and maintained and that Quality System and compliance requirements are satisfied
What You Bring
Proficiency in French (native speaker level) and English. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Preferably a background of tenders, offers, contract management or customer service
A degree in business study or public administration preferred
Ability to write concise documents
Persistent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
Open to work with different teams/departments, from Sales to Legal. Ability to interact with different personalities and cultures
Very strong organization, administrative and problem-solving skills. You are able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and handling various projects simultaneously
Capacity to stay grounded in difficult situations
High motivated, goal-oriented, proactive, decisiveness, assertiveness, negotiation skills and a Can-Do attitude
Very good knowledge of MS Office applications and a strong affinity with Excel
You are ideally based in Berlin. We will also take into consideration talents based in a French speaking EU country
Last but not least, you are an excellent team player and thrive when faced with challenges
What We Offer
- Permanent and full-time position. Flexible working hours and possibility to work in home-office during the pandemic period
- The ability to work among a professional, dynamic and vibrant global team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases
- Employee stock purchase plan
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to apply now.
We'd love to hear from you!
Your application will be treated in a confidential, professional and ethical manner.